Interns in this program will have opportunities to explore WISH operations, research, curriculum development, and day-to-day training sessions, with the intention of augmenting students’ undergraduate experience while also assisting WISH in these core areas.
Examples of the students’ learning objectives in this program include:
- Developing keen understanding of medical simulation, as it pertains to cognitive, psychomotor, and communication trainings for a wide array of healthcare professionals;
- Learning techniques for internal information management geared to support a high-volume training and research environment;
- Understanding curriculum development for simulation trainings, from the inception of an idea through production of curriculum; curricula exist in numerous formats including formal written publications, online training modules, and more;
- Acquiring administrative skills within a professional office environment;
- Conducting scientific literature reviews;
- Developing competency around content management for WISH's online presence;
- Increasing knowledge of medical terminology.
For additional information about the FUSE Program, and for application inquiries, please contact Megan Sherman (email@example.com).